The gamurra was the basic Italian woman’s dress from 1490-1530. It was worn mainly at home, and when going outdoors or for more formal occasions, an over garment was worn. The cioppa is one such garment.
The bodice of the cioppa has the option for a lower or higher waistline, and the neckline comes down to the waistline in a "V."
The skirt is full and pleated to the bodice.
There are two sleeve options: a long enclosed sleeve with an opening for the arm to come through, and a two part sleeve with fullness at the cap.
Sizes 2- 30 are included in every package.
The instruction manual includes historical notes, extensive fitting and sewing instructions, and design tips.
The pattern is a digital download, and comes with PDF files in a zip file. They include:
- The front and back cover pages of the pattern
- The instruction manual
- A PDF form with instructions on how to assemble the pattern
- PDF files with the pattern on a sheet that can be printed at your local copy shop in 36 and 44 inch widths.
- PDF files with the pattern tiled to be printed on a US home printer.
- PDF files with the pattern tiled to be printed on A4 size paper.
DO NOT download the zip file to your phone. It must be downloaded to a computer.
IMPORTANT! Please remember that this is NOT a stand alone pattern. If you don't have the Italian Lady's Gamurra pattern, it will not be useful to you as you need the skirt pattern from 025 to complete this garment.
NOTE: RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PURCHASES.