The Flat Cap was one of the most popular types of headwear during the 16th Century. It was worn by men, women and children of all ages and stations in life. Men wore them from the 1540's and women from the 1560's.
Our pattern includes a brimmed cap with two options for crown style. It also includes two options for sizing - one is a full sized cap and one is a decorative smaller style worn by women.
The instruction manual includes historical notes, extensive fitting and sewing instructions, and design tips.
This pattern coordinates with our 16th Century pattern lines for men and women.
The pattern is a digital download, and comes with PDF files in a zip file. They include:
- The front and back cover pages of the pattern
- The instruction manual
- A PDF form with instructions on how to assemble the pattern
- PDF files with the 36 inch wide pattern on a sheet that can be printed at your local copy shop
- PDF files with the pattern tiled to be printed on a US home printer.
- PDF files with the pattern tiled to be printed on A4 size paper.
DO NOT download the zip file to your phone. It must be downloaded to a computer.
NOTE: RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PURCHASES.