The gamurra was the basic Italian woman’s dress from 1490-1530. It can be used for all classes, depending on ornamentation and the garments layered over it.
The bodice of the gamurra has the option for a low or high neckline, and front or back lacing.
The front of the gamurra bodice is stiffened to give support and a smooth line. Instructions are given both for pad stitching by hand, and a similar effect using machine stitching.
The skirt is full, knife pleated, and is gored for more fullness at the hem. It has a faced slit below the bodice opening.
The sleeves are detachable two-piece sleeves, open at the elbow and back seams, with tie variations.
Sizes 2- 30 are included in every package.
The instruction manual includes historical notes, extensive fitting and sewing instructions, and design tips.
The pattern is a digital download, and comes with PDF files in a zip file. They include:
- The front and back cover pages of the pattern
- The instruction manual
- A PDF form with instructions on how to assemble the pattern
- PDF files with the pattern on a sheet that can be printed at your local copy shop
- PDF files with the pattern tiled to be printed on a US home printer.
- PDF files with the pattern tiled to be printed on A4 size paper.
DO NOT download the zip file to your phone. It must be downloaded to a computer.
This pattern coordinates with our Italian Lady's Underpinnings and Wardrobe patterns.
NOTE: RETURNS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PURCHASES.